A Natural State Of Mind

Life and family in Arkansas

Monday, April 03, 2006

Tuke surprises me again

I got released from court today and planned to wet a line for a little while. I pulled up to the house, jumped out of the truck, ran inside to grab and few things and planned on running back into town to pick up a glove for my daughter before heading to the lake.

And I did. I got back in the truck and was heading back into town, about a mile down the road, listening to the radio, watching the road, thinking about what I needed to do, when all of a sudden Tuke jumps from the back seat onto my arm on the center console.

He scared the shit out of me. Hard to imagine, but when you are in a vehicle and supposed to be alone, you don't expect anything to jump out of the back seat and onto your arm. But he did and we managed not to wreck and then he assumed the personality of a dog.

He stood in my lap, placed his paws on top of the door panel near the window and held his head near the open window like a lap dog. I let him do it, not too often you see that. Then a semi drove by jake-braking, which scared the shit out of Tuke and nearly cost me a testicle. So I got the glove and took Tuke back home. At least I know he is good to travel, just not in my lap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home